Some people in Nigeria are going gaga over the claim of a baby born with something that looks like a miniature Quran.
picture source: pmnews
It was nothing less than dismay and total shock in Mushin, Lagos state as residence of Sonde Street, Ijeshatedo gathered to have a glimpse of the unbecoming. A baby boy born at a white garment church was said to have carried a miniature Holy Quran at birth.
while one commenter says:
Are we about to see the TB Joshua of the Muslim World. Allah Please, the first TB Joshua you sent to us is now a football predictor and is more interested in scaring us with death prophecies. We dont need another one.
another one says:
Osama bin laden rebirth, in nigeria
read on: click here
Another source about the news says:
“When my baby was delivered holding a Quran in his hand, the nurse said the Quran should be thrown away. But I insisted my mother must see it before any action could be taken,” Kikelomo, who is a Christian, further explained.
Corroborating the story, Senior Rev. Victoria Yetunde Dada said during the pregnancy, Kikelomo was always coming to her for prayers and counselling.
“I advised her not to abort the pregnancy because she might die in the process. Again, I told her the foetus was sent by God and will be great,” Apostle Mother Dada told our correspondent. Controversy has continued to trail the seemingly spurious claim.
Reacting, Medical Director of Bodet Hospital, Ikeja, Lagos, Dr. Bode Tawak said scientifically, it was not possible for a baby to be born holding a Quran.
“How big is the baby’s hand to hold the Quran? How big is the Quran? How did the Quran get into her mother’s womb? I don’t know how a Quran can get into a womb. But there are things you can’t explain,” Dr. Tawak responded. He said while the incident cannot be explained medically, in Nigeria many mysterious things happen. A Kaduna-based medical practitioner, Dr. Munir Yusuf said from a medical point of view, it was not possible, but added that depending on the size of the Quran, it was possible metaphysically.
He explained that if the Quran is small enough to pass through the diameter of the vagina, with the child, it is possible. In the same vein, a herbal medicine practitioner, Chief Dr. Bola Adegunloye believes nothing is impossible, but said too much importance must not be placed on the incident. source: click here
Unfortunately, commenters at the picsource have turned the situation into religious Christian vs boko-haram bashing: the difference between Allahu Akbar and Jesus is Lord.
The main issue is: why should a baby be born, clutching a miniature Quran inside a white-garment assumed Christian church?
Nobody has asked the question:
- Is this miniature Quran a real miniature book?
- is it paper?, has anybody opened it to see whats there?
- or is it a metal object?
- or something else – solidified vaginal excess, looking like a Quran?
- perhaps the Quran was inserted into mommy’s VG before birth,
- perhaps it was swallowed a long time ago and ended up in her womb.
Supposedly looking metalic, how did the baby and this object survive together? What about rust. or was this Quran ceramic?
Isn’t someone trying to take us on a Holy Ride?
Or perhaps since its a boy, has Prophet Mohammed has been re-incarnated in order to set Islam right?
Some Christians believe in re-incarnation, what does the Quran say about this? Why Nigeria for that matter?
Very soon, another baby would be born in Nigeria with the Bible in hand; and very soon another one carrying a juju-calabash.
Considering that in Nigeria we have all sorts of babies born almost on a monthly basis, whatever they are clutching shouldn’t be an issue. We have them plenty:
1) male and female child witches – pick your fancy
4) After just one-month of birth, this baby was awarded a University diploma and began receiving salaries from the Zamfara state government,
5) Does God work in mysterious ways? Through the power of the Holy Ghost at the Holy Ghost Power Salvation ministries in Imo state, Nigeria, the general overseer of the Church went to the hospital every month to give birth: 7-babies in 11-months.
6) Not weird, but strange that Nigerian couple has a white baby.
7) Nigeria is still representing, top on the list of weirdest babies around the world. For adults only, but if you have the liver, click here
So I checked google for more info. Please tell those going gaga to check google. Nigeria is old school as far as newbaby plus Quran is concerned:
Here is another baby who has Quranic verses written on his legs:
So which is better, to be clutching a copy of the Quran or to have it written on your body.
No pun intended, but your comments are welcome